- You want to send emails to all your learners in a class or cohort.
- Each email should be personal
Most tutors would reach for Outlook and send individual emails. While this may be a good idea for sending 5 emails, it quickly becomes a pain if you send 20 emails? This article will show you how to do this without sending 20 individual emails.
Outlook should be open
- Enter the email addresses and names as shown in the attached spreadsheet (emails.xlsx)
- Start Word
- Switch to Mailings ribbon
- Click on Start Mail Merge
- Pick E-Mail Messages from the drop down list
- Click on the Select Recipients List
Pick Choose Existing List
- Browse and pick your emails.xlsx file and click OK
- Start by composing the body of your message in Word.
- Now customise by positioning your cursor where you want something to go and select “Insert Merge Field”
- Save your work as usual – here I called it mailtasks.docx
- Switch to the Mailings Ribbon again
- Click on the Finish and Merge Menu
- Select Send Email Messages
- Add a subject line
- Click OK
- Always add yourself to the list to see how it works